Wednesday 24 August 2011

We're Gonna Need A Bigger Comedy Night!

Materials used:
Indian Ink and Brush (Windsor and Newton University Series size 3)- (for Darth Vader waves and Jaws - I am aware that Jaws was not the shark's name! It was Bruce). Technical pen for the rest and Photoshop for colour. Texture was made by scanning in a blank sheet of paper and layering. All text drawn by hand.


Ever had one of those days where you just want to draw Darth Vader doing stuff?
Luckily for me this desire coincided with a friend of mine Robert Pipe requesting that I draw a poster/flyer for his London-based comedy night called "The Forgery." Movie themed of course. "Like" the Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheForgeryClub

Click to enlarge.

Ahh Star Wars and Jaws; don't quite know if there will be any sketches involving those two films. "We Brake for Nobody" is a reference from the spoof film Spaceballs (Mel Brooks), I thought I'd put that on there when I realised that my picture of Darth has a slightly oversized helmet, much like "Dark Helmet" (Rick Moranis) obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment