Tuesday 23 April 2013

Come Where?

Just a quick post today as I am due to go running in about 20 mins (go Chorlton Runners!).

...Anyway, mid-last year I was called upon to create a music single cover for a guy called Roy Fisher. Though whether it has been printed out and distributed, or remains as an itunes exclusive, I am not sure (nor do I care that much if I'm honest). The band is "One Dark Horse."


Pretty standard process; series of sketches to make sure I was on the right track. He wanted a woman in front of a ship. Hopefully I will post the youtube video below, so you will see why.


Often, as was the case here, it's worth doing a colour sample. I personally like the triangle cleavage cut-out which mirrors the triangular belt buckle. Blue hair is always very sci-fi. Possibly a combination of the above made this gal the winner.


Roy was adamant that she needed to be beckoning towards the viewer. This was a challenge and a nightmare of foreshortening. I'm still not sure that it's 100% right. I was also uncharacteristically reserved on the text. Final lines were drawn with a brush pen. Added a few textures and voilĂ . ...Enjoy...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment